PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AQS vs 57o

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AQS vs 57o

MarAkuti
    Hi Admin,
    Would you have played this hand differently than I did.Did I raise small or too big on turn?
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, ₹10.00 BB (5 handed) - Converted at http://handhistoryconverter.com/

SB (₹1,983.43)
    Hero (BB) (₹1,362.10)
    UTG (₹1,019.83)
    MP (₹2,362.02)
    Button (₹1,049.46)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A
    3 folds, SB raises to ₹20, Hero raises to ₹60, SB calls ₹40

Flop: (₹120) 8, 9, 3(2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets ₹113.82, SB calls ₹113.82

Turn: (₹347.64) Q(2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets ₹329.74, SB calls ₹329.74

River: (₹1,007.12) 6(2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: ₹1,007.12

Results:
    SB had 5, 7 (straight, nine high).
    Hero didn't show Q, A (nothing).
    Outcome: SB won ₹955.25
    Last edited by Blacknight9769; Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:06 AM.

Hi Blacknight9769 !

I wouldn't have played it differently.
    Your raise pre-flop, c-bet on the flop and bet on the turn when you hit top pair top kicker are pretty standard and there's nothing much else you could do about it. Your opponent call on the flop can be legit, but on the turn he is paying too much for his gut shot. when he has around 10% of chances to hit it.
    Finally, i liked that you checked behind on the river.

Best Luck at the Tables!
    MarAkuti

Comment

raise bigger pre and bet river for value

Comment

Aditya Agarwal
        What type of strategy one should use if there are minimum 2-3 players on 6 max table who would call your 3 bet/reraise/ even bugs preflop just to see the flop. remaining players being decent.

I do bet very big if I see few are playing very loose but too big bet preflop will be called by better hands when there are decent players as well on same table,right?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.