PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have fullhouse and getting raised on river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have fullhouse and getting raised on river

MarAkuti
    HI !!
    there is this one hand I would like to discuss. apparently have no hand history of that play.
    Blind :25/50

I doubled up to 5k after winning with my straight and this hand I was at button. HiJack does open bet of 3bb. CO limps as well as me with 5 pockets. rest fold

Flop: Qh 7d 7c

hijack checks and so does CO. I check as well

Turn: 5s

yup i made full house on turn. so i do 1/2 pot bet with my fullhouse. Hijack folds and CO calls my bet.

river: 9s

So I have fullhouse and I do pot Bet going for value. And there was Rs.2000 above in pot and I was left with 3500rs something. CO decides to raise my bet. he raise it to rs3000. now pot is above 5k.

what will you do in my situation?
    will you shove or fold with fullhouse?

Hi Blacknight9769 ,

I wouldn't fold for nothing, so shove is the only option you have here!

You are losing only for a few hands: Q-Q, 7-7-, 9-9, Q-7, 7-5, 9-7. All of them are very unlikely given the amount of 'blockers' in the board and in your hand, so I guess most likely your opponent has hit top pair with a decent kicker, slowplayed a 7 in flop and turn or even is trying to bluff you out of the hand.

Other opinions are very welcome to this discussion!

Best Luck at the Tables!
    MarAkuti

Comment

MarAkuti
      Hi !
      Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I didnt play wrong. unfortunately I lost this hand. Opponent had Q7. I was dead on flop

Comment

MarAkuti
        Hi !
        Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I didnt play wrong. unfortunately I lost this hand. Opponent had Q7. I was dead on flop

Comment

With such a small re-raise and having such a stong hand, would never fold here

Comment

Aditya Agarwal
            okay. and welcome to the forum

Comment

sad of ys

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.