PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intuition in Poker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intuition in Poker

When to trust your instincts?
    I'm pretty sure the following situation will have happened to you. You have a medium strength hand on the river, let's says top pair with a weak kicker, and your opponent overbet shoves all in.You immediately get the feeling that something's not right, but it would be too expensive to find it out. That's when certain thoughts cross your mind…

• Should I fold?
    • Should I call?
    • Did I have a similar situation earlier?
    • What did the opponent have that time?
    • Or did this player do something similar earlier?
    • What can he lose or win with this hand?
    • What can I lose, if I'll decide wrongly?
    • Do I have any statistics regarding this situation for this opponent?
    • No, is that good or bad?
    • What does he think about me?
    • What hand ranges can I have in his eyes?
    And you? How is Your Poker Intuition?

Please read Full Article Here.

Hi Admin,

I have faced this situation many times,some times i loose big pots by folding, few times i faced end of my trny,
    i was thinking the situation raises based on trny buyin and the amount of chips i hold (ie. if i hold more chips and good bankroll i have called many times).
    but now on wards i believe my first impression most of the times irrespective of buyin and count of chips.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.