PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Question to Sharad!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Question to Sharad!

They seem to be made for each other. PokerStars India and Sharad Rao have just established a partnership to bring this game we love to more and more audiences across India, and you, School member, will also benefit from this!

See ALL the details in our article HERE!... But...See MORE below!

Ask Sharad a question and YOU WILL be awarded a School Pass Ticket!

Best Luck at the Tables,
    MarAkuti
    Last edited by MarAkuti; Tue Jul 02, 2019, 02:16 PM.

Hi how can i improved my cash game playingng, cash tourney also...********
    ​​Hi sometimes i have seen AA not works in all in , why ??
    Last edited by MarAkuti; Sat Jun 29, 2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• sordykrd
      sordykrd commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome pshthebest,

What helped me the most in improving my cash games was watching players who were better than me.
      I tried to reason what they were doing and get a glimpse into their game-play and how they approach different spots.

I would then used to apply the same in my own game and post hands for reviews.

Twitch streams and youtube are great resources to start off with.
      Find a player of your liking and try and get inside his brain and take some ideas off him

You can reach out to me on these forums regarding hand advice

Wish you goodluck and hope to see you soon!

HI GIVE ME A GOOD TOURNAMENT TICKET .. WITH SLOW PLAYING I GOT 1ST PLACED IN MANY TOURNEYS. I have seen some players played aggressively but wins, how could i play fast to win first place ?

Comment

• sordykrd
      sordykrd commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey pshthebest,

I would advice against slowplaying much in NLHE.

We can slowplay sometimes in aggressive lineups, but its not a part of a solid overall strategy i'd say.

Regarding how to win first place: I would say play solid ABC poker, be calm and disciplined (tournaments can sometimes be a long grind and a test of character)

Play your strong hands fast. With skill and some luck we should get there more often!

All the best!

Originally posted by pshthebest View Post
    Hi how can i improved my cash game playingng, cash tourney also...********
    ​​Hi sometimes i have seen AA not works in all in , why ??
    HI pshthebest,
    Please read our forum rules. Personal emails addresses are not allowed in PokerStars School.

Best Luck at the Tables,
    MarAkuti

Comment

by mistake, i did not know

Comment

Originally posted by pshthebest View Post
        by mistake, i did not know
        HI @pshthebest,

No worries. It was just fyi.

Best Luck at the Tables,
        MarAkuti

Comment

Hello people,

I'm here to answer your questions.

When i was starting out with my poker studies, I remember how daunting the idea of asking questions used to feel like.

We are always worried about what would happen if our question looks silly.

Let me tell you a secret: Silliest questions lead to solid fundamentals!

I would encourage everyone to post Twitch Clips/HandHistory/Boom Replayer or ask any questions they would have regarding their poker game.

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you in the coming future.

Have fun learning and playing!

Comment

ok thank you everyone

Comment

Hi Sharad! I did not get ticket, kindly give me 2 pokerschool ticket or anyother ticket for posting.

Comment

Hi @sordykrd,

as a community coordinator i want to welcome you in our poker school! It is a pleasure to have you here and share with us your knowledge!

I play poker since 2008-09 and i believe that i am in continuous learning, because only this way supports how can i improve my knowledge. Studing these game, have the skills to play the player not the cards always is very important to me.

Besides that i will consider important also:
                • Patience
                • Position
                • Practice
                • Concentrate on what matters
                • Table selection
                • Don’t over play our bankroll
                What do you think about my opinion, Sharad?

Kind regards in advance,
                MarAkuti

*as community coordinator, want to remind ALL players that i AM NOT eligible to receive any kind of tickets, by making questions to Sharad!

Comment

• sordykrd
                  sordykrd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Marakuti,

Thankyou for the warm welcome!

Some really great pointers there. Try and make small improvements in every aspect you mentioned and we would be crushing in no time.

If i had to add anything to it i think Grit plays a big part in your success aswell. I see a lot of players at mid-stakes are pushed off their 'A game' as soon as they get a bad beat. A player who keeps playing solid in face of adversity will do well over a big sample.

Hi sordykrd ,

I seem to be having a mostly break-even experience with my bankroll. Can you give me some advice on how I can change that to an increasing bankroll?

Also, could you refer me some poker literature that will help me upgrade?

Thanks.

Comment

• sordykrd
                  sordykrd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey JumpyMeow,

Breaking even can be due to two things:

a) Running bad
                  b) Not winning enough at the stakes you are playing

If you are running bad its just variance. Only way to beat it, is to play a lot.
                  If its getting to a point where it starts bothering you, taking a day or two off could help aswell.

If you aren't winning at the stakes you are playing, the best way would be move a stake down (play smaller) see how we do.

Play with those ideas for a while and share if anything changes.

Good luck

Hi Sharad,

Today I bubbled out of a tournament where I was constantly in the top 5 for more than 3 hours. We had KJ and the board ran 4 8 K 9 5 rainbow. Pre flop nobody raised. Post flop, we raised 2 x from UTG, and CO re raised it 4x . Everyone else folded, we call. At the turn, we go all in. Villain calls and shows KA. We bubble out. Have to admit, it had slipped my mind that we were on the bubble, otherwise I would have played with more caution. Your thoughts on the hand?

Navin Bajaj aka Megastar

Comment

• sordykrd
                  sordykrd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Megastar,

Seems like a weird hand where we got unlucky.

But its not enough information for me to comment how bad would getting it in with top pair would be in a limped pot.

When you ask for hand advice, please mention stack sizes, preflop action, number of players in the pot, reads of opponent.

Without any of that its really hard for me to comment.

But usually when its the bubble i would try and err on the side caution, i think you realize that aswell.

Hello sordykrd,

Congrats on becoming the PS streamer .

How to consistently beat the lower stakes 1/2 and 2/5? I play tight and usually raise with good hands from position yet players in lower stakes often call with hands which don't make much sense and with their very little odds they do hit them and its all downhill from there.

Also please suggest some good poker literature for starting out on elementary cash games.

Thank you and welcome

Comment

• sordykrd
                  sordykrd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Invincible!

The more flops we see Out of position the more variance will be there, that is the nature of the game.

People will call with random hands at lower stakes, sometimes they will get there versus our strong hands and sometimes they will miss. We need to charge them the maximum when they are chasing their draws. When you have a strong hand try and maximize the money you can get out of your opponents stack.

Ofcourse sometimes they will hit their draw and we will lose but in the long term if you keep getting the max money in when you are ahead, you will show profit.

In high variance games like these volume is the key. I would focus a lot on playing higher volume.

Last tip i would have for you is to play with your opening size.
                  If you think the players behind you at your table call a lot, start opening bigger and punish them.

I think the books on poker get outdated really quickly so I wouldn't recommend any strategy books.
                  Training sites, Twitch and YouTube are far better ways to learn in my opinion.
                  If you were to read some literature I would recommend reading books on Mental Game Aspect of poker.

'Essential Poker Math- Alton Hardin' is a good book to brush up the fundamentals.

Thanks for the welcome and i hope these give you some ideas to work with.

Good luck and i'll see you around

Hi Sharad,
                I've been a regular tourney grinder for quite a while and want to take my game to the next level. However, I don't like the feel of HUD stats and Poker Tracker as it feels like more of a distraction than an aid to my game. What is your view on these kinds of software and would you recommend using it more to step up my game.
                Thanks!

Comment

• sordykrd
                  sordykrd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey SFG!

I think these tools are better utilized as self study tools. They are very useful to analyze our own game and also of the population.

I personally don't think they are too useful while we are playing and i agree they are more of a distraction.

Welcome to the forums

what are some resources that you would suggest to improve one's game? Also, is signing up for a coaching website valuable? Thanks

Comment

• sordykrd
                  sordykrd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Anjoh5, hello

If your bankroll allows you to, i think training sites are a no-brainer/must.

I get a lot of ideas from just listening to players better than me.

I think the most important resources to improve ones game would be the following (in no particular order):

Personal journal, Group of people you study/share ideas with, Watching people better than you, forums, Flopzilla, HRC, some kind of postflop study tools.

Mark hands you have doubts in, find answers for those and make an entry in your journal.

Repeat this process and you'll see improvements.

Good luck
              Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.