PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OESD and FLush draw vs Top pair. Good call or bad call on turn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OESD and FLush draw vs Top pair. Good call or bad call on turn?

Hi all !!

MarAkuti
    I was the chip leader at early phase with an hour left for reg to end. Would like to know was this call made by me bad decision or not. I lost quite alot of chips in this hand. MY opponent is someone who had top pair for sure which I was already aware.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2200 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 20 Ante (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Hero (SB) (t41,318)
    BB (t5,587)
    UTG (t27,278)
    MP (t9,591)
    Button (t17,563)

Hero's M: 103.30

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 10
    1 fold, MP raises to t400, Button calls t400, Hero calls t300, BB calls t200

Flop: (t1,700) Q, 5, J(4 players)
    Hero bets t850, 1 fold, MP raises to t2,000, 1 fold, Hero calls t1,150

Turn: (t5,700) 10(2 players)
    Hero checks, MP bets t7,054, Hero calls t7,054

River: (t19,808) 7(2 players)
    Hero bets t200, MP calls t117 (All-In)

Total pot: t20,042

Results below:
    Hero had K, 10 (one pair, tens).
    MP had A, Q (one pair, Queens).
    Outcome: MP won t20,042

Hi!!
    This is an interesting hand and you will face such spots a lot in MTTs
    The answer to your question is - we could have avoided this dilemma on the turn..
    I'm okay with flatting or 3-betting this hand pre flop.. but, here are my two reasons for not leading the flop-
    1-We don't want to unnecessarily inflate the pot.. (unless we had 3-Bet this hand Pre-Flop)
    2-we are unlikely to get value if the turn is a club unless our opponent has an ace of clubs.
    we rather, check- call and control the pot
    we should get the the right price to hit our draws and trap weaker hands..
    Its important to consider risk vs reward before making any decision
    GL!

Comment

I disagree with Muskaan here and feel like we do want to put in as much money in on the flop as possible. I would have preferred check raising with our hand, but leed is fine as well. Once we get raised we have enough equity against even a very tight range to just get it in on the flop, so instead of calling the raise I like going all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Aditya Agarwal View Post
        I disagree with Muskaan here and feel like we do want to put in as much money in on the flop as possible. I would have preferred check raising with our hand, but leed is fine as well. Once we get raised we have enough equity against even a very tight range to just get it in on the flop, so instead of calling the raise I like going all in.
        Yeah....
        I would go all-ins too on the FLOP.

Other conservative approach would be of MUSKAAN, if you are not willing to gamble even on 60-40 favorite odds.

Its up to you...

But LEAD the FLOP and CALL his RAISE on FLOP and TURN, is a SIGN of WEAKNESS...

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.